Canon PowerShot G9 X Review
The Canon PowerShot G9 X the latest, smallest and compact camera to date. With 20.2 million pixel CMOS sensor combined with powerful canon DIGIC 6 image processor – this light weighted camera provides outstanding images and fast operation. It is available in two-tone silver and tan or a more conservative all black version.
Canon PowerShot G9 X Features:
The Canon PowerShot G9 X is about 0.2 inches less wide with dimensions of 3.9 x 2.3 x 1.2 inches. it’s a touchscreen base with only 4 physical control buttons to the rear, quick menu, info, main menu, video record – all it feels like a modern camera.
There is a power on/off button, the shutter release, (which is surrounded by a zoom and a model dial) and a playback button on the top of the Canon PowerShot G9 X. The model dial of the camera contains 10 various exposure mode options including, creative shot, movie, scene, Hybrid auto, auto, program, shutter priority (TV), aperture priority (AV), manual and a space marked as “C” which is useful if you often find yourself shooting a particular type of scene or also used for saving a group of custom settings.
Other features of the Camera include the following:
- It enables you to record at up to 60 frames per second for even more superb, detailed oriented results in MP4 format.
- With its high performance lens and large sensor the PowerShot G9 x camera records spectacular 1080p full HD videos. You can also adjust video capturing options to 24p, 30p or 60p according to your needs.
- Builtin NFC (Near Field Communication) and wifi capability which allows easy transfer of images and videos to a compatible tablet or smartphone and share on social networking sites.
- It is also compatible with Connect station CS100, android smartphone, android tablet and Ios.
- Pocket size, ultra slim and light weighted camera with a user friendly touch screen that allow easy and quick setting changes while taking the images.
In terms of periphery connectivity features, image quality and performance the canon Powershot G9 X is as good as you would expect. It shows a very unique and interesting diversification in the compact sensor market camera. It offers a new level of portability for those who love photography and want a compact friend in their pockets which is not heavy yet deliver spectacular results. It gives the best of both worlds with its standout performance and features. Its powerful battery also enables you to enjoy long hours of shooting with your camera.
- The Canon PowerShot has limited zoom range as compared to G7 X which makes a lot more sense.
- It has a narrow telephoto aperture, odd shutter position and a large touch base control system.
It is the very portable and compact camera that you can get with a 1 – inch image sensor, but it is very slow when shooting in raw format and it also a limited zoom range.