Audio-Technica ATR3350 Review
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly lavalier microphone that has a lot of positive reviews and ratings, Audio-Technica ATR3350 is the purchase you need to make. It’s a highly popular lavalier microphone with features such as an omnidirectional pickup pattern, a high-quality condenser capsule and shipping with a clip, foam windscreen, and an LR44 battery.
Features at a Glance
- It ships with 20 feet of wire and is smaller than most other lavalier microphones.
- It features a high-quality condenser capsule powered by an LR44 battery.
- Omnidirectional pickup pattern with mono recording.
- Frequency response range of around 50 Hz to 18 kHz.
Audio-Technica ATR3350 Review: Our Opinion
Audio-Technica ATR3350 is one of the most popular lavalier mics on the market and it offers a lot of features and accessories, although it lacks in some areas. It’s a small and discreet microphone with a 20ft long wire, although the wire isn’t removable or changeable, so it could get annoying if you don’t need such a lengthy wire. The clip is small and sturdy, although it’s not adjustable or flexible.
The microphone features a high-quality and powerful condenser with an omnidirectional pickup pattern and a frequency response range of 50 Hz to 18 kHz. The microphone is highly sensitive and has a sensitivity of up to -54dB. The device is shipped with an LR44 battery, but it’s also compatible with SR44 or 357 battery type. It’s recommended you get an SR44 battery with this one since it gives consistent performance throughout the battery life.
Unlike other lavalier microphones, this one doesn’t run on plugin power and requires a battery to run on. If you’re going to be using this mic a lot, make sure you have a spare battery or two at hand at all times.
As far as the sound quality of this condenser lavalier microphone is concerned, Audio-Technica doesn’t let down at all and it’s a microphone that delivers good audio quality, although you may have to turn up its gain to be able to capture all sounds. Overall, this Audio-Technica ATR3350 review recommends the product if you’re looking for a highly-rated and reliable lavalier microphone. This microphone should be paired with a mobile recorder like the Zoom H1 Handy Recorder or the Zoom H4N
- Small in size; comes with a long wire.
- Features a foam wind cover and an included battery.
- Highly sensitive mic; delivers good sound quality.
- Battery powered, which is uncommon in lavalier mics.
- The clip doesn’t rotate or move, which makes it difficult to point it in a particular direction.
- No indicator light on its On/Off switch.